Top Five Hairstyles Ever: Farrah Fawcett
This week we’re at number four in our top 5 retro hairstyle countdown and it’s time to honour a true Hollywood hair icon – Farrah Fawcett. Best remembered for her role as private investigator Jill Munroe in the 1976 hit series Charlie’s Angels. Farrah was an icon to many young women in the 70’s and 80’s many of whom replicated her trademark golden, flowing locks.
The California girl who was born in Texas really did know how to initiate a style of her own. She had the most amazing flowing mane of beautiful, thick hair that was versatile as it was beautiful. She wore it many different ways including wavy, curly, straight, mid-length – the list is endless. However most were generally a variation of her healthy, gorgeous locks that people to this day dub ‘the Farrah’.
Kim Kardashian, Paris Hilton, Beyonce, Cheryl Cole, Britney Spears and even Princess Diana have all worked a Farrah-inspired look at some point. Big, bouncy, full of volume and off the face is the key to recreating this look. Whether you want to add a little twist of your own to your soft bouncy curls and waves or simply want to create a whole new look, here are my expert recommendations…
1. A directional set away from the face is how Farrah would have worked her creation back in the 70’s, creating volume, bounce and lustrous waves. However, to create a quick and easy ‘at home Farrah’ I would firstly cleanse the hair with Regis Designline Texture Balance Shampoo and Conditioner. This will create the perfect base for the ultimate big hair.
2. At the roots, apply Regis Designline Root Boost Volumizing Foam, giving root volume without any stickiness.
3. Then apply Regis Designline Get Pumped Volume Foam; a lightweight foam that does not compensate on volume.
4. Begin the blowdry using a size 3 round ceramic brush to create a look that’s full with body, bounce, life, and maximum root lift. When getting to the hair line, the hair must be layered to create the famous Farrah flip. Using the brush, direct the airflow of the hairdryer and brush away from the face.
5. To finish, use a liberal amount of Regis Hold Everything Spray.
Et voilà, your look is now complete! So why don’t you give it a whirl and try something fresh today? The party season is well and truly upon us, which gives us ladies the perfect opportunity for a change!