Wella Professionals TrendVision Awards 2012
Legendary venue, The Roundhouse in Camden, once again provided the spectacular setting for the annual UK & Ireland Final of the Wella Professionals TrendVision Award 2012. Held on Monday night the event was hosted by Reggie Yates – very cool and very stylish – and featured a special live performance from the Noisettes – ditto!
Regis Salons was represented in the Colour Category by Daniel Benson from our Mops salon in Gallowgate, Newcastle – and, wow, he did us proud! Just being part of the final was a brilliant achievement in itself – Daniel won through from the Northern regional heats back in March beating more than 140 other competitors to make it into the top 36.
Nearly 800 of the industry’s finest gathered for an evening of pure entertainment, creativity and hair fashion, culminating with the unveiling of the TrendVision Award 2012 UK & Ireland Winners. This year’s final saw 28 of the UK and Ireland’s most talented young stylists, plus 24 of the UK and Ireland’s most talented colourists battle it out to take home the Gold Award, which started at the Wella Professionals World Studio in London, earlier in the day.
Daniel and his fellow competitors set to work creating a total look for an esteemed panel of judges before the glittering evening event that featured three incredible hair shows from the UK’s hottest hairdressing names.
The evening’s shows kicked off with ‘Making History’ – a three part show featuring a glittering line up of award winning stars. The headline performance poignantly celebrated the legendary Vidal Sassoon, current award-winning talent and a glimpse into the future courtesy of the Wella Professionals Generation NOW team.
The evening was loud, passionate and super creative – a great example of the hair industry and the talent and buzz it has to offer. From the shows, to the competitors taking their bow with their stunning models to the exciting award announcements at the end of the night it was an honour to be there. Athough Daniel and Regis didn’t win on the night we are so very proud he made it to the final and cannot wait until next year to see even more Regis stylists being showcased! Congratulations from Regis Salons to all of the winners and good luck to the GOLD winners in the international final in Madrid at the end of this month.
THE UK WINNERS
• GOLD Young Talent Category, Ben Kristian, Zullo & Holland, Notts (Blaze)
• GOLD Color Category: Daniel Couch, HOB Salons (Blaze)
• SILVER Young Talent Category: Stephanie Prophett, TPL Hairdressing, Crewe (Celeste)
• SILVER Color Category: Peter Ridehalgh, Jamilla Paul, Rochdale (Roxy)
• BRONZE Young Talent Category: Thomas Wright, Soul Hair, Chester (Roxy)
• BRONZE Color Category: Daniel Taylor, Taylor Taylor Hairdressing, Sheffield (Celeste)
• GOLD Young Talent Category: Leandro Santana Santos, Foxrock Hair Salon, Dublin (Roxy)
• GOLD Color Category: Sara Mason, Bellissimo , Galway (Celeste)
• SILVER Young Talent Category: Brian Sweeney, House of Colour, Dublin (Blaze)
• SILVER Color Category: Joanne O’Neill, Joanne O’Neill Hairdressing, Ballymena (Roxy)
• BRONZE Young Talent Category: Ciana Keating, Bridget Haren Hair Salon, Ennis (Roxy)
• BRONZE Color Category: Michael Conroy, Conroy Hairdressing, Belfast (Roxy)