Get the Beehive look with Cheryl Cole
The sixties are well and truly back in the swing of things in Cheryl Cole’s new music video for her latest single, Under the Sun. The streets of London were recreated in Los Angeles for the video, that included our famous red postboxes and some very cool retro cars. Our eyes, naturally, are firmly on Cheryl’s perfect little beehive, though, which you can see here.
Below, Guy Cammarano, the UK Creative Director of Regis Salons, gives you his tips on how to recreate the beehive/up-do similar to Cheryl Cole’s in the video:
“The beehive is a great look for almost any occasion, from weddings to parties, so it’s not surprising it’s one of the most requested styles we get. The image above is from a shoot we did earlier this year and the beehive was styled by myself and Jayne Dempsey from our Trafford Centre salon.
- Start by dividing the hair you want to leave out at the front and work in an off-centre parting to the hair,
- the back of the hair, which will form the basis of the up-do look, needs to be divided into two circle sections; the inner and outer sections,
- the inner section will create the support, so grab a light scarf and wrap it around the hair at the roots before rolling the hair down to the roots area and pinning a bobby grip to hold in place,
- with the outer section, back comb the hair from the roots to create the hold.
- Spray dry hair spray all over this section and slowly, using a soft-bristle brush, work each section from the outer to the inner support area, gripping each part as you go along,
- Finish with Designline Hold Everything Hair Spray and use a curling iron on the front if you require more movement.
There you have it! If you require your beehive done professionally, from a fully trained stylist, head in to one of our salons. You can find your nearest one here.”