Holiday Hair Hacks
From super-quick styling to the must-have products to help your hair beat the heat, we asked our Creative Director Kieron Fowles to share is top five holiday hair hacks…
1. Styling tip: Get your hair off your face and on-trend for summer in secons with quick and simple boho braids. Take a 3-4 inch section from the front of your hair on both sides then braid each section, taking them back until they meet in the middle. Secure with a hair tie & you’re ready to go!
2. Sunscreen: We all know the importance of sun screen for our skin but don’t forget your hair needs sun protection too, especially if it’s colour-treated. Mist a UV defence spray like Kérastase Soleil Micro-Voile Protecteur onto wet or dry hair and again after swimming to keep coloured tresses looking luscious and healthy.
3. Moisturise: A leave-in conditioner is your hair’s best friend in the heat! A must-have for keeping your locks soft and healthy despite the drying effects of the sun. Apply to the mid-lengths and ends when damp and leave to dry – we love the DESIGNLINE Ultimate Radiance Leave-in Conditioning Styler. Don’t forget to treat your hair to a nourishing intensive mask at least once for every week you’re away and continue using it for a few weeks after you return to help replenish any lost moisture.
4. Styling tip: The key to perfect holiday style is keeping it low-commitment and laid-back. Don’t colour your hair closer than one week before you jet off to give it time to settle and leave the heat stylers at home. Beachy waves are our top style for summer and are so straightforward. Start by splitting your hair into two even sections when damp and loosely braiding each. Leave to dry overnight, release them in the morning and run some smoothing serum through the mid lengths and ends for effortless waves. If you’re planning to spend your nights out dancing rather than sleeping, you can still create the beach babe effect with ease: wash your hair in the morning and towel dry before tipping your head upside down and spritzing over a salt spray like KMS California Hair Play Sea Salt Spray and scrunching up with your hands before leaving to dry naturally.
5. Banish frizz: Even if you don’t suffer from frizz normally, heat and humidity can play havoc with your locks. Don’t get caught short and keep flyaways and frizz at bay with a mist of taming spray like Moroccanoil Frizz Control: all you need is 3-5 pumps over damp hair and comb through for a healthy-looking finish.